Saturday, May 2, 2009

Agh. Long Weekend.


Haha this is starting to become an addiction. I have withdrawls from posting if I don't do it regularly. Seriously driving home from work I was thinking about how to organize all of my thoughts into one post. So this might be a bit long.

Speaking of work. Though I've been complaining about not being able to find a summer job (and I know some people have it harder than I, so I really shouldn't complain), I do currently have a job at a local theater (live, not movie). I work front house staff, I'm a supervisor, and I quite enjoy my job. The only problem, I only have work when there is a show on (We're doing Miss Saigon right now, I've seen it twice and it's amazing!) and even then I'm only working 15 hour weeks if I'm lucky. There aren't any shows over the summer hence my desire for a job. However, I think I may have found one. It's been in the back of my mind for a while but the theater does a phone campaign in the summer to get people to renew their season tickets. I've been hesitant up to this point because I don't really like talking to strangers on the phone, nor do I like intrusive sales. However I think I'm going to get over that because it sounds like a good job. So hooray for me.

Still speaking of work, I was actually quite excited to go, mostly for something to do, but also because a certain someone was working this weekend as well. I'll start with this, somewhat unrelated detail, I've been thinking more and more this week about girls and whether or not I really like them and I've started to come to the conclusion that I don't. And then there's Julia. She's the girl from work. I'm quite confused about her because she's pretty and playful and I think we've been flirting, sorta, she's an odd one (but so am I). I honestly don't know what to make of the situation. I can't tell if I really like her or if I'm trying to hold onto some chance of a "normal" life. Ugh...

I suppose the final piece of news would be this: I may be moving into an apartment. Not soon, but perhaps in the fall. You see I've been in the dorms on campus, which has been great for being on campus and not having to commute but I can't justify the 3k a semester to live there. So I'm not doing that next semester. However I don't want to live at home because my family drives me up the wall and I don't want to commute. So, my boss at work, he's pretty cool, Bruce, has been putting out feelers for a new apartment, so I put my feelers with his. Either that or his current roommate might be moving out so I could move in there. I would be quite happy if that worked out because I feel this self imposed restrictiveness when I'm around my family. I just can't be me, I'm quite reserved, I don't talk much... I dunno, that's an issue for another day.

That's all. G'day.

4 comments:

  1. Matt

    sounds like a job and an apartment, finals wrapping up, and the summer is almost here

    sounds good, take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't know if you get emails when you get new comments, but I read your blog last night and left some comments today and last night along the way.

    But yeah, I'm enjoying your blog and hope you keep posting. And hopefully we can chat sometime about things.

    Good luck on the rest of the finals and stuff. I'm there too so I know how stressful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job :D

    I linked to you

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. @bob - yeah everything all coming together now

    @courage - I don't get stressed about finals, as long as they are tests, papers are a whole nother story

    @jeremy- hey thanks, i've linked you too. hugs are always appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete