Friday, May 8, 2009

Update on my Life




















Ahh, I don't like it when I haven't posted for a while.

So I finally packed up my independence and moved back home yesterday. I have way too many clothes. Haha I should get rid of a lot of t-shirts but I can't seem to part with any of them even if I never wear em. I'm a bit sad that I've gone. It's not like I liked the company I was keeping, I didn't know anybody up at the dorms really, except a few old friends that I hardly ever saw. I think I liked the independence, the ability to go wherever I like without question whenever I like without having to tell anyone. As much as I don't like being lonely I sure do like being alone sometimes.

My plan to move out into an apartment have hit a snag that I've been anticipating but still don't like. My parents. To be fair, if I were in their positions I would hesitate too. See I would be moving in with my boss from work. I don't even know how old he is but I would put him in his 30s. He's older than me, by a bit. That makes my parents uncomfortable, understandably so, but they're so damned paranoid. I hate that, especially because I can see it creep into me. They don't trust people, and I like to think of myself as a humanist who see's the good in people. It causes quite the internal strife at times. So I'm going to have to talk to Bruce (my boss) and see how we can get my parents more comfortable. But to be completely honest, I'd be a little nervous about moving in with him myself. I mean, I consider him to be one of my friends. However, I've heard through the grapevine (because I haven't just asked him myself) that he's bi, which is fine but somewhere in me that sets off warning bells. It's completely irrational though. I trust him, so I don't know why I'd be nervous. It's my parent's paranoia setting in. I dunno, more details on that to follow I suppose.

It seems like everyone is coming out to their mother's lately, so I think I'll join them here soon. I'm a little scared, just because I don't really know my parents that well and I don't really talk to them all that much. I'm quite quiet around my family. I don't know how to talk to my parents. Ugh... I'll get it figured out. More on that to follow I s'pose as well.

I went back to my old highschool today. I do that quite frequently actually. You see I go back to play some ol timey folk music with some old teachers every now and then. It's great fun, but today they weren't available so I went to watch the drama class rehearse for their shakespearian festival. I was an actor in highschool and I still know everyone in the department so it was fun seeing all them again. Makes me miss doing Shakespeare... and the tights! Haha.

Now are you ready for a super special announcement?


You'd better be. This fellow AJ has started a blog, he's really cool and you should check him out.


Also, Courage is my new favorite person of the week because he is awesome and I say so.


And Dan, where are you cause I miss you lots. You need to get on MSN.


Oh, and Thank You to my new followers! I've broke double digits! Whoo!



Ok I think I'm done now. Whoo boy it's going to be a busy weekend.

6 comments:

  1. You're pretty awesome yourself.

    And it still amazes me how we're so much alike. I really thought I was reading my blog when I read your first paragraph of this. It's exactly how I feel a lot of the time. Too many clothes, too many shirts...not wanting to get rid of them. And about hating being lonely but being independent and wanting to live on my own. It's really scary sometimes

    But alright I'm talking to you on MSN right now, and thats much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt

    i feel left out lol tell your parents when your comfortable and ready, but good luck also.

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Courage - I know! It's crazy! and You're more awesomer by the way.

    @ Bob - don't feel left out haha, and I'll never be comfortable and ready so I'm just gonna have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, omg I cant sleep lol so... TY so much for being a nice person and listening to me even though I can be boring at times :( and thanks for mentioning my name
    Talk to you later, AJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ you're not boring, I enjoy all your stories and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, whats wrong with guys in their 30's? now i feel like a creepy old man. i know what you mean about being scared about coming out. that fear has kept me in the closet and caused me more pain and grief and missed opportunities than i care to think about. i have a really good relationship with my dad and know him better than just about anyone, and the thought of telling him that i'm gay scares me to death. in a way, it would be easier for me to tell him if i didn't know him so well and had less to lose if things go poorly, as i anticipate they will. but it is something that needs to be done. good luck.

    ReplyDelete