Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rocky Mountain Hiiiiigh…

So I hiked a mountain Sunday.

Granduer Peak. 5 miles laterally. 1 mile up.

I don’t think I’ve ever had sweat drip off my nose like that before.

Well worth it though, good excercise and a great view.

Here, I’ll prove it.

Grandeur 008 Grandeur 009

A gate to adventure!

Grandeur 013

On the trail, it was pretty much up the whole way.

Grandeur 031

Wildflowers were beautiful.

Grandeur 015

On the way up.

Grandeur 025

Cont.

Grandeur 021

Cont.

Grandeur 039

Grandeur 043

Views from the top.

Grandeur 044

Some Geological marker thingy.

Grandeur 047

View from the great pisser known as nature.

Grandeur 048

The lunchroom in the shade.

Grandeur 050

Ahh what a fair city.

Grandeur 051

There’s the peak!

Grandeur 053

Halp!

I wonder if he’s related to that tree at the grand canyon…

Oh the polls basically show that you’re devilishly split on my insanity, but there’s at least 6 of you who are as insane as I am, watch out!

Oh and the anonymous roll call is serving it’s purpose. I have about 20 of you out there reading regularly that never show yourselves, I challenge at least 1/4 of you to make a comment!

Ok, this makes post #2 of the day, probably should have saved it for tomorrow but oh well…

See yahs,

Matt

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME PICS MUST HAVE BEEN A REALY GREAT DAY HIKING WISH i COULDA BEEN THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an awesome hike. i was supposed to hike to the crater rim of mt. st. helens today, but the freind i was going to go with had to take his girlfriend to the hospital last night. there is always next year i reckon... i'll be hiking at mt. rainier next week tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if I had gone I would have died, I'm so out of shape right now.

    Hey, I'm doing an coastal hike in about 2 weeks. If you want, I'll post the pics.

    I'll have to get moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so can't wait for my hiking/riding/fishing trip next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ken- hey thanks, it was a great day, really hot though.

    @Deadwing- totally jealous of all your hiking opportunities. I hope your friend's gf is ok though. Mt. Rainier that must be fun. Gah! So jealous!

    @Kelisseou- Haha you can hike anything in any shape, it's just a matter of how long it takes you! And yes! Pictures of a coastal hike would be amazing!

    @goleft- Picture pictures pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'HALP' and the tree clinging onto the cliff for dear life is simply epic =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt

    i think if i lived there i just might go hiking take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete