Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh Hi There

So Yeah, it's been what? A week?

School's been kicking my ass, so has work, and I haven't really wanted to blog at school either. But here's what's been going on.

A quick comment about yesterday. I was going to post then, but I really didn't want to get into all the patriotic bullshit that goes along with it. I love this country sure, but I don't love what that event did to us. It made us fearful to point where we were willing to give up our rights to freedom for perceived safety. Even more disturbing to me is that it allowed us as a people to suspend our beliefs in justice. This is not uncommon to American History though. In World War II we had home grown concentration camps for the Japanese, because we were scared. We cannot let tragedy like 9-11 make us stop believing in what it means to be a freedom and justice loving society known as America.

That's all I have to say about that.


What else...

So I basically have no "freetime" during the week now. I say "freetime" because what I gave up was my fri, wed, and mon mornings to volunteer at the LGBT Resource Center we have on campus, which honestly hasn't been much work. It's actually been really cool to work there. I've met lots of people, and it's just a fun place to be. And yes there is one cute boy there, but he's older (like over 21), so not really a "boy" per say, but a cute guy. Oh and he's very gay haha.

Speaking of things gay, I have been addicted to a new (to me) musical. The Last Five Years tells the story of a husband and wife from the beginning of their relationship to the end, but here's the twist: the woman starts at the end of the relationship and moves to the beginning whereas the guy starts and the beginning at goes to the end. The juxtaposition of the two plot lines is really telling and the music is fabulous. Very simple orchestration and the singing isn't polished but it works. The score is eclectic in style and poignant in content (lyrically).

Oh yeah, I got a name too. :D

Logic Boy will now be known as... (fan fare and drumroll please).... Dusty!


or Dustin... or something like that... I didn't hear too well. The professor was passing back paper and he said his name. I should have heard better because he was right next to me.

Strike that ^^^^ His name is Dusty, I found him on the facebook :D

Oh yeah that's right, I finally got the seating issue worked out, at least for yesterday. It was really just luck though, and a bit of courage. As I was walking to class he comes out of the library and starts walking in front of me, and so I follow him to class. He sits down, there's a seat next to him. I almost didn't sit there, but I did!

So now I'm sitting next to him, what next? I asked him about the homework. We agreed it was pretty easy but shared reservations about the future as it may get more difficult. Then he started reading so I didn't want to interrupt, and class started. So during class we got to briefly discuss somethings with our neighbors and who's my neighbor? Hehe. I was gonna try to talk to him after class and see maybe, just maybe, if he wanted to get lunch or something, but he left pretty fast (he usually does) and I wasn't quite brave enough to approach him outside of class. But all in due time.

But he's really really cute. AH! He's amazing! :D I even got him to laugh a little and smile, which he doesn't do in class that I've seen.


Hopefully Monday will allow me to keep up, I'm hoping the initial conversation was enough to bridge some awkwardness. I'm wondering how to play seating though, do I wait a bit for him to show up first and then go sit next to him, or let him come to me? I dunno...

Wow this post is packed. Oh well. I've got a dinner party to clean up for. See my folks are out of town this week, and so what does a gay teenager do? Throw a rager? Naw. Host a dinner party instead. It's a Day by the Bay, fish and chips, clam chowder, cheddar biscuits, and grilled corn on the cob I think. It should be good. Gotta go shopping to get groceries though. Hopefully it'll be successful. I need to think of some music and something to wear...

Well until next time (which hopefully won't be too much longer)



Matt




I don't know if I've put this picture up before, but I have to say I love it so here it is again. Haha

4 comments:

  1. Sorry but did I miss something? What is it that you like about the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice on the Dusty issue, is to let him lead for a while, and then try it the other way. If he comes to you then he is interested in some way.

    Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt

    I do believe i have seen it before
    hey 911 is what it is and dusty sounds nice. So now go talk to him :)

    hope all is well, take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win "gayest comment of the day" award!

    "I have been addicted to a new (to me) musical."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete