Friday, November 27, 2009

This Song Has No Title

Well I'm back again.

I don't really know why I'm posting today but I am.


SO! What's new? Not much really to be honest. I'm just in survival mode at school getting through it all. Not that I'm having a great difficulty with it, but I just haven't been going on wild fantabulous adventures as of late.

Well here's something, I may be going on the wildest most fantabulous adventure of my life next year. You see my school is a part of a National Exchange Program that essentially allows students to go to another school for a semester or a year for in state tuition (i.e. Cheaply).

I recently met with the coordinator for the program. My ideal school, University of Washington is quite popular, and as such, they only take one or two people from my school every year. So the way my coordinator decides is based on who gets their application in first. No one has turned in an application yet, so if I turn one in first thing next week, I have a pretty good shot. However, the chance that it won't happen means that I have to pick some alternative schools.

One alternative that quite impressed me was St. Mary's College of Maryland. A nice private school, very open and accepting and academically it looks pretty sound. In addition to that, I'm also looking at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, as it's like top 3 in the nation for LGBT friendly schools. I'm looking at several others (Hawaii is on the list as well, and apparently pretty easy to get into) but UW is my first choice.

Oh yeah, I chose a major finally. It's History! Hooray history! Also, as I'm pretty much done with general education requirements after this semester ends, I will be able to launch right into my major requirements. And before you ask, I won't be specializing in any particular type of history yet. That's for graduate school.

Umm... let's see...

Relationship status: stagnant as usual. Same reasons as before. Not too worried either.

Well, I've got to go work on a paper, so I'll see y'alls later.


Peace yo.


Matt

1 comment:

  1. I'm no fan of history yet I do really well in that class w/o putting much effort into it

    Well it's good to know you chose your major and good luck on which study abroad college/uni you want to go to

    ReplyDelete