Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24 - Ch-ch-changes.

Just a warning. This post is going to be quite mundane.

Unless you're interested in what I do on an average day.

I think the only reason I'm putting this here is for my future curiosity and for posterity's sake.


So. If you would like to skip the incredibly boring first part then just go down to the line that says, " If you wanted to skip the first part and read the second part then this is where you would start reading."


Everyday I wake up at about 6:45-7:00 AM, take a shower and ready myself for the day.

On Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays (oh and I guess this is for all you stalkers out there too...) I rush to catch the bus by 7:36, until today I have never missed this bus (more on that later). This gets me to school by about 8:00 and my first class starts at 8:35. From there I go to my next class fifteen minutes after the first one ends.

Mondays I volunteer at the LGBT Resource Center for about an hour and a half after my class ends. When I say volunteer I mean it very loosely as I rarely do anything more than answer a phone which is rare still as a staff member is usually there. So really I just socialize there and eat lunch until about 2:30 when I have to go to pick up my guitar for my next class starting at 3:05. After that class I usually try to catch the bus leaving school at 4:27 (though sometimes I can catch the 4:07 or if I'm running late 4:47) and i usually get home around 5:00 PM. If I work that night I spend my time getting ready for work and heading out the door to get there by 6:00.

Oh dear this is very dull indeed. Oh well.

Wednesdays and Fridays I don't have to volunteer at the center. So I either go home until 2:30 (which I've done today) or so when I have to catch the bus back for my guitar class, or I just stay at school go to the center and stay there until 2:30 when I go pick up the guitar etc.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a bit more time in the morning. I generally catch the 8:00 AM bus to get to school because my first class doesn't start until 9:10, and so I like to get there a bit early. I'm done with my second class around 12:05 or so. I "volunteer" at the center from 12:30 to 2:00 each Tues and Thurs and then I generally go home after that, relax and get ready for work and such.


Really exciting right?

Well now that this useless background info is out of the way I can get on with what I was going to talk about. If you wanted to skip the first part and read the second part then this is where you would start reading.


Changes.

Particularly those in my schedule, go either two ways.

I'm really upset about them, generally for about 5 minutes until I realize that they are beyond my control and I just deal with the consequences.

Or

I'm really happy at the little accidents and what they cause.


Today was one of those days.

For the first time all semester I missed my 7:36 bus for my 8:35 class. As it turns out I may be trying to miss that bus more often.

As I'm about to leave my house the guy who lives up the street from me, whom I never see, was walking to the bus stop. So as I get to the stop myself he smiles at me and good lord I was smitten. He had a gorgeous smile. I couldn't hardly look at him the rest of the wait, I was embarrassed.

On the bus eventually I got a seat and I was basically able to nearly stare at him the whole ride, but I didn't because that would have been awkward considering how close he was. He has really cute brown eyes. Like I generally don't like brown eyes, but his were super cute. Everything about him, while not perfect, was really cute and worked together.

I think I'm going to try to change things up a bit more in the future. It seems like all the cute boys are about a half an hour later than me :P


Ok


That's all,



Matt




eh... his nose is a lil weird haha

3 comments:

  1. haha too bad life isn't always so easy to predict... if it were I think we'd ALL be 1/2 an hour late more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw man, im jealous haha all the people on my bus are ugglaayyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. notice how something as simple as missing a bus could lead to so much - or maybe nothing. but that's life, a guess or gamble depending on how you look at it.

    i'm glad to hear though, even as a student and riding the bus, you still give time to give back. thanks for that, really.

    ReplyDelete