Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5 - Bring on the Rain

It's raining, not hard, but just enough to give the air a peculiar smell and to wet the air. ... and the ground too I guess.

Haha I love the rain, I always say that but I just have to re-iterate it again. I'm so excited for Seattle next year.

Today was actually pretty good. I got up a half an hour late, which especially sucked as I was *going* to get up two hours early to finish some papers. Oh well, didn't happen. I bought myself time.

Side note: I have become a chronically late student, I show to class on time, but assignments.... I'm getting worse! Eeep!

Anyway. I passed two exams in my guitar class, which I am *really* happy about. One I've been working on for like 2 weeks. Way longer than anyone else, but whatever, it's done. The second piece I passed off my first try, which like never happens. I'm feeling much better about myself as a musician now.

What wasn't great, is getting home like 20 minutes ago and finding my mom bitching at me about my room and laundry. I'm not going to let her get to me, I'm locking myself in my room (figuratively speaking as my room doesn't actually have a lock...) and not coming out until I want to get some food to eat (some of my chowder) and going to a concert tonight (Dianne Reeves).


Today's song is actually two songs. I'm feeling a little bit country and I heard a song on the radio that I hadn't heard in a long time. And then the same artist made another song that I borrowed my title from so I thought I'd include it as well.




Enjoy,

Matt


P.S. Give me ideas still, things I can do right here to celebrate my blog. Do you want to know more about me? Do you want me to do something special? What would you like to see/read/hear?

P.P.S. The sooner I can move away from using youtube to post songs the better, please help if you can (see last post's post scripts). Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. hey Matt.... I'd love to hear you play!! That might be difficult if you're battling with uploading outside of youtube, and, I'm sorry, I can't help you there... I'm not too much of a techie; This stuff is still pretty new to me....
    Of course, I'd also like to know more about you; whatever you would like to share about growing up, and/or how you feel about where you've been, and where you're going...
    I probably should have read back, through the blog... I just noticed that you posted a lot, in the last few years. Well, I'll do that a bit, and see if I'm enlightened!! But, the reason I initially visited, was because you seemed to be an intelligent guy, with an artistic, witty edge, so, work off of that, and intrigue me!!! lol... luv,tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. draw us a celebration picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. normally, i love rain too. but i'm sick of it at the moment. i would love some 80 degree weather and some sunshine! But, better rain than snow...i hate that shit. seattle will be awesome! it rains non-stop lol

    ReplyDelete