Sunday, August 22, 2010

All You Need Is Love

I'm taking a break from washing a mountain of dishes to write this post. There is a less mountainous but no less monstrous pile of laundry I'm waiting to finish as well.

Today is chore Sunday.

Well... this isn't a chore, this is my break and solace on such a day.

I suppose I ought to state the obvious, I am home now. The camp was amazing. Simply put, one of the best experiences of my life. When Friday rolled around, I was not ready for it.

It was intense though. I won't go into too much details about the camp to protect confidentiality and guard the processes involved, however I will say that when you take 50 people, strip them to their humanity; leave them bare, vulnerable and emotionally on display; have them live and work together; you come up with an incredibly close knit community in just 5 days.

It's amazing how close I grew to some people in just 5 days. I learned a lot about the world, about the "-isms", about people, and most importantly about myself.

For those who are interested (oh who am I kidding this is going to be all of you), there was one cute boy who caught my attention in particular. Cute? More like absolutely adorable. However, he has a boyfriend already which is fine as I shouldn't be getting involved with anyone before I leave.

Speaking of anyone, I think Isaac is back in town. I think that I am over him, but if I see him (which I hope I do) before he and I leave, I will know for sure. I hate not being in love, but I love have the possibility to fall again.

Yesterday I baked with my friend Ashley; we made peanut butter and jelly cookies. They were really rich, but very good. Then I had a dinner party with some friends from high school. My friend Brent and I made Corn Chowder with biscuits and a salad. It was all very delicious. There were a ton of dishes left over though... Oh well.

My summer is coming to an end. School starts for everyone tomorrow. I have until September. However, my job ends this Friday. I think I'm going to quit the other one and just prepare myself for Washington.

I'm excited. I'm ready. I'm scared.


Matt

3 comments:

  1. don't be scared...luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Without giving away compromising details can you say what kind of camp it was and why you went? Was it for the purpose of bonding, etc. or was that just the natural conclusion after 5 days?

    Sounds interesting! And have fun with school :-)

    Muhc Love,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with being scared.... it's when you let that fear control or limit you... which you not .... good luck on the upcoming school year!

    ReplyDelete