Sunday, December 19, 2010

Well I'm Home

Well it's funny, for all the homesickness, the separation from friends and family, the yearning for familiarity, now that I'm back home I can't wait to be back in Seattle. I miss my friend's there, and I hate to say it, I'm ready to move on from quite a few friends here. I haven't seen some of my really good friends yet though, so that may be part of the problem.

Today I saw the Black Swan, and even though it was at times a bit over the top, in all I thought it an excellent film. After that I went to a jazz concert, it was the Christmas finale to the series. I'm bummed I missed all the shows but this one but it was still fun to be there. I didn't have anyone to go with, but that's typical so it wasn't too bad.

I've started to get that lonely feeling a bit more lately, especially now that Isaac is back in town. I guess I still have feelings for him, but I suppose that is to be expected.

I thought I'd really enjoy being home, but I'm realizing it's time to move on. We'll see how things go this week. I guess I've just got a touch of the blues tonight. Tom Waits doesn't really help, but I'm listening to it anyway.

I'm not sure what I want from life right now. I'll figure it out I guess.



Anyway,


Matt

3 comments:

  1. Like you said it might b/c of some of the people you know and the fact that you haven't seen some of your better friends

    Hope things get better
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an old adage/truism "You can't go home again". You are moving beyond the friends that stayed behind and the things that are important to you (and them) are enough dissimilar that you're becoming estranged. It is a sad process, but one that I think is important for personal growth.
    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Swan was one of the best movies of the year. I thought it was pitch perfect.

    ReplyDelete